A short while ago I upgraded the stock servo in my new HPI Super 5SC Flux truck. The stock servo, the SB-5 by HPI, is a good unit but after a short while of turning the large wheels from side to side it developed a bit of slop. Once out of the vehicle, I decided to open it up and see if I could repair the SB-5.
Pictured above, the area circled is where the slop developed in the SB-5 servo.
First up, I removed the four screws that hold the servo together.
Once apart, I removed the top of the servo case. This is where I discovered a plastic output bushing.
I easily popped the bushing out of the case, measured it with my digital caliper (it has a 10MM outer diameter) and promptly located a bearing that fit.
Pictured above, the case with the bushing removed.
Pictured above, the 10mm bearing.
I then press fit the new bearing into the case, and reassembled the servo. Now, it is ready to be used wherever I may need it!