The cab has finally started to take shape, but what about the bed. A much simpler process, but while we are here we might as well cover it.
I started the bed at the same time as the back of the cab, working between the two when my patiences began to wear thin on the cab back. The bed came together pretty easily, I used a thick black styrene, something thick enough to stay rigged and support the body and itself. I first started with paper templates for the bottom and the sides. I tacked the bottom in and check the templates for the sides, I checked both to make sure they were even, measured for equal distance apart and glued them in place using a plastic weld. The D90 is a much simpler bed design then most, the wheel well area stays flat across the entire bed area so there are no complicated bends, just flat pieces being glued together. To help support the bed area I added ribbing to the underside of the bed area. After I used plastic weld to bond everything together I added a rubberized CA glue to reinforce the joints even more. After the bed was set and rigged I made more paper templates to begin setting the diamond plate over the flat styrene. The diamond plate didn’t add anything to the bed area besides a clean look. The diamond plate added a lot to the look, it helped to clean up all the joints and give the bed a finished look.