The SCX10 has been the vehicle of choice for scale trail fun! For the past 8 years the SCX10 has been the staple vehicle platform for scale trail enthusiasts around the world. Axial was one of the first companies to embrace R/C rock crawling and the first to mass produce a scale trail truck. Axial has been watching trends, tirelessly testing, and experimenting to create the next evolution of the SCX10. The SCX10 II is the culmination of many years of development, furthering aesthetic realism while maximizing trail performance. The next generation of SCX10 is here, now available in a fully assembled, ready-to-run version!
AR44 HI-PINION AXLES:
In 2008, the AX10™ axle was used in the launch of the SCX10™ chassis platform. While developing the next iteration of axles such as the AR60, the thought process began on what kind of axle would be best for the future of the SCX10™. Axial’s development of a new axle needed to feature three key design points. First, an axle housing to visually quench the thirst of scale enthusiasts. Second, a gear set with the technical attributes to overcome the torque twist often associated with smaller gear sets. Third, the axle itself needed to retain the durability associated with the SCX10™, despite being delivered in a smaller axle housing. After seven years of utilizing the original AX10™ axle and two years of development, Axial is proud to introduce our newly developed AR44 axle with the industry’s first high pinion gear set. The next chapter of the Axial SCX10™ begins with scale realism backed with true technological development!
• High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles
• The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability
• Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain
• Single piece axle housing for added strength
• Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look
• Front and rear 1-piece lockers
• Bolt on link mounts
• Knuckle carriers and straight axle adapters have a better mounting system with 10-degree increment adjustments
• Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared the previous at 2.92 – this reduces torque twist at the axle which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs
ALL STEEL SUSPENSION LINKS:
Strong steel links for both suspension and steering. Large M4 rod ends for durability.
CHASSIS MOUNTED SERVO (CMS):
Scale matters, but so does geometry! In pursuit of scale looks, we’ve moved the servo off the top of the axle and onto the chassis, just as a full size truck has its steering box located on the frame. But with this seemingly simple action comes a complexity of suspension hurdles to overcome – one of which is bump steer. The undesirable steering is caused by bumps interacting with improper length or angle of suspension and steering links. We made it our mission to design the front suspension in such a way that it eliminates or comes as close as possible to zero bump steer, to help give you the best driving experience possible.
• Scale looks with proper suspension geometry
• Anodized aluminum links included w/ M4 rod ends
• Adjustable servo mounting system allows for a wide range of servos to be used
• Properly designed suspension for nearly zero bump steer
AR44 UNIVERSAL AXLE SET:
Universal joint axles allow up to 45 degrees of steering and provide smoother action for a higher performing, efficient drivetrain.
• Up to 45 degrees of steering
• Smooth action for an efficient drivetrain
• Compact yet durable design
• Hardened steel construction
The AR44 axle was designed for both aesthetics and functionality. To improve upon the older AX10 axle, we designed the steering components with an 8 degree kingpin angle which results in a positive scrub radius. Making this change to the pivot point means less tire scrub for steering efficiency and less load on the steering servo.
• 8 degree kingpin angle
• Improved scrub radius over the AX10 axle
1.9 METHOD MESH WHEELS:
In an industry that’s all about the latest and greatest, while taking advantage of styling trends, sometimes the ‘less is more’ approach is quite refreshing and the mesh wheel offers just that. Clean, simple and METHOD STRONG! These officially licensed METHOD Mesh Wheels are replicated in true form for durability and a clean line look.
1.9 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A® KO2 TIRES – S30:
What lies between the dirt and metal are the tires – your connection to the trail below. When it comes to tough terrain, adventure seekers reach for BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO2 tires for their dependability on the roughest backroads.
• Officially licensed by BFGoodrich
• 4.65” x 1.65” / 1.9 (118mm x 42.5mm)
• S30 compound
This chassis is designed at 12.3” wheelbase length, but is easily adjusted to either a 11.4” or 12.0” wheelbase (optional link kits sold separately). Axial designed the chassis so that all the wheelbase adjustability happens out back without sacrificing front-end suspension geometry. Simple removal and installation of the suspension links and changing the drive shaft length allows an easier way to adjust the wheelbase.
• Wheelbase adjustment is easily done in the rear end without affecting the steering geometry and maintaining zero bump steer.
• Adjustable wheelbase (11.4”/ 12.0” / 12.3”) with optional links sold separately
• 4 link rear
• 12.3” wheelbase
JCR OFFROAD VANGUARD BUMPERS AND XJ ROCK SLIDERS:
Scale front and rear bumpers and rock sliders licensed by JCR Offroad.
• Rear mount has been extended and stiffer plastics chosen to help limit the typical sag seen in plastic bumpers
• Lenses included for light locations on bumpers
• Rear tow hitch included for added scale appearance
• Rock sliders specifically sized to fit the Axial Jeep® Cherokee body and the design allows for adjustable widths
2000 JEEP® CHEROKEE BODY:
Pre-painted body with molded scale detail parts (Grill with clear lenses, mirrors, door handles and liftgate trim panel).
ADJUSTABLE BATTERY TRAY:
The new adjustable battery tray is now relocated lower and further forward for better weight distribution and center of gravity (COG).
• Adjustable tray that prevents the battery from coming loose or shifting while driving
• Posts are included to fine tune the fit based on the battery you choose
• Easy access for quicker battery changes
• Can accommodate batteries up to 32x44x147mm (3S 5,000 mAh)
ADJUSTABLE COILOVER SHOCKS:
The threaded shock bodies hold a single coilover spring. They are oil filled and allow you to tune the dampening rate.
• All new shock towers with body mounts built in
• The body mounting system covers a larger range of positions and is a much more solid mount than previous
• No additional spacer needed when mounting shocks
DUAL SLIPPER CLUTCH:
Our dual slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. This allows for more precise tuning and holding power. The spur gear features strong, 32 pitch gearing for high torque applications.
• Slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface contact area
• More precise tuning and holding power
• Strong 32P gear pitch for high torque applications
35T BRUSHED MOTOR, WATER RESISTANT:
Providing an even balance of speed and crawling, the 35-turn brushed motor features a worry-free design with an integrated cooling fan allowing for extended periods of use. Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, and no loud exhaust noise. Just plug ‘n’ go!
The ultra compact transmission allows for a wide range of gearing choices. The overall ratio can be adjusted using different pinion and spur gear choices allowing super high speed or competition level crawling speed.
STEEL C-CHANNEL FRAME RAIL CHASSIS:
The realistic high strength c-channel chassis frame is made of durable steel with cross bracing for reinforcement and is held together with all hex hardware. Realistic looking frame and cross braces improve chassis rigidity (torsional stiffness). Realistic shock hoops with multiple shock mounting positions allows you to adjust your suspension for maximum performance. The simplified design makes maintenance and assembly quick and easy. The contoured skid plate significantly reduces hang-ups on terrain. Compared to the previous design, additional holes have been added to the rear portion of the frame rails for making wheelbase adjustments.
Wire routing has been thoroughly thought through to help keep your chassis layout looking clean. In addition to including wire clips/guides, there has been a channel created that runs the length of the chassis so you can run additional wires hidden inside the c-channel frame.
• Optional mounting points and wire routing for a chassis mounted servo winch and 2 speed shift servo
WATERPROOF RECEIVER BOX / ESC TRAY:
Three different silicone seals are included, one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. No more stress when running in mud, water, or snow!
• Waterproof receiver box located on the side plates allows easy access and low center of gravity
WB8 HD WILDBOAR™ DRIVESHAFTS:
WB8 HD Wildboar™ front and rear driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter cross pin (2x11mm) along with an M4 Screw Shaft (2mm hex drive) for added strength. A center splined slider floats between each end and features added material which reduces flex and fatigue.
• 3-piece driveshaft with strengthened slider-floater tube
• Increased surface at the connection between the ball joints and output shaft tubes
• 2x11mm cross pin adds 25% more surface area providing more strength for the ball joint
• Captured cross pin design eliminates older set screw design for more durability/easy maintenance
• Adjustable length driveline parts included in box