Our jaws are still dropped since we first saw pics of the new Kyosho 1969 Camaro Z/28 RS Supercharged with Phaser Mk2 brushless 4WD chassis. We can’t wait to get our hands on one of these for review!
A brushless motor version has been added to the Phaser Mk2 series. The G14L brushed motor has been replaced with the powerful TORX 10E brushless motor to boost the maximum speed from 25mph up to 40mph. BRAINZ 10 is newly adopted for the speed controller and the optional aluminum HD center shaft is equipped as standard to support the increased power. This car has the VE specification chassis with improved parts. The incredibly looking body is a Kyosho Ultra-Scale Body that has been thoroughly designed with plenty of scale detail.
The body includes light buckets that can be equipped with front and rear LEDs. There is also a headlight cover that can be opened and closed by sliding it sideways. The coolest feature of the 1969 Camaro Z/28 is definitely the Kyosho created faux supercharged engine popping out from the hood. We love that this engine is actually mounted on the chassis instead of the body to give it a more scale appearance. The body coloring is finished with a combination of black and white stripes that gives it is classic hotrod looks. We really wish they used a different method to mount the body so that there would not be body posts sticking through the body…come on Kyosho! It is a factory-completed ready set so comes out of the box ready-to-run. Just add batteries and you are good to go.
- Equipped with a headlight cover that can be opened and closed by sliding sideways and a Kyosho original supercharger.
- Headlights, taillights, front bumpers, and front grill can be equipped with LEDs are newly created as RS specifications.
- The separately sold LED light unit series (97054) can be attached to the front and rear light buckets.
- Equipped with a high-power TORX10E motor. In addition, a sintered pinion gear (32T) is standard equipment to reliably transmit the power from the brushless motor.
- Equipped with BRAINZ10 waterproof 60A ESC that also has a cooling fan and provides stable power.
- Equipped with vintage touring car (VTC) tires and Rostyle type wheels designed to match vintage cars with a compound picked to handle brushless.
- A full-time 4WD touring chassis with an aluminum center shaft shaft that resists twisting at high speeds.
- The steering servo uses the KS4031-06W servo and nicely controls this Phaser chassis.
- A factory-completed ready set that just requires 4 AA batteries for the transmitter and a battery pack for the chassis.
- Complete with full ball bearings to reduce friction in all the drivetrain.
- Sealed type differential for the front and rear.
- Equipped with a plated dummy brake disc and a painted brake caliper to improve the scale appearance.
- Uses button screws with hexagonal holes in each part.
- The motor mount has mounting holes that correspond to the pinion gear being used, thus eliminating the need for troublesome backlash adjustment. Supports from 29T to 37T gears.
- Driving performance can be improved by installing various optional parts.
Front and rear light buckets compatible with the separately sold 97054 LED light unit series.
For more information, visit: KYOSHO