Short course trucks are so much fun to drive and make awesome bash trucks as well as race vehicles. We love how they look when tearing across rough terrain and when the wheels drop down from the body when they air out over a jump. Additionally, short course trucks can stand up to a lot of abuse partially to the fact that the wheels are protected by the body. Short course trucks are one of our favorite types of vehicles to go bash and race with. This got us thinking to share our editor’s top 5 Pro-Line accessory picks for short course trucks.
Extended Body Mounts—#6070-00
Shown here is the Pro-Line Extended Body Mount Kit with Secure-Loc Caps for the Traxxas Slash 2WD. These mounts give you a lot of flexibility with your short course truck since they are adjustable so you can fit any body on your truck perfectly, including Rally car bodies! You will notice that the mounts to not use flimsy body clips that always get lost and bent. Instead, Pro-Line created a revolutionary screw on body mounting system named Secure-Loc Caps for a strong and secure mount every time. No more getting stabbed in the finger by those nasty clips. All you need to do is screw down the included setscrew into the body mount, place the O-Ring over the setscrew and mount your body as you normally would, but with the added safety, security and styling of Pro-Line’s innovative screw on body mounting system. Pro-Line offers many other version of these extended body mounts to work with many different types of vehicles.
- Completely adjustable body mounts so virtually any body will fit perfectly
- Incorporates innovative screw on body mounting system; the Pro-Line Secure-Loc Cap system
- Long body mounts included to fit tall bodies
- Made from ultra-durable Nylon
- Replacement parts: Secure-Loc Caps (#6070-02)
PowerStroke Shocks—#6063-00(F) /#6063-01(R)
Number two on our list is one that adds some nice style points for your short course truck as well as boost its off-road handling performance. The Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks sets are available for the front and rear of a short course truck and will work on many other vehicles as well. If needed, Pro-Line offers a Pro-Line PowerStroke SC Universal Shock Mounting Hardware Kit (#6063-05). The mounting kit includes high quality 3mm hardware and machined Delrin pivot balls for smooth action. As for the shocks, they feature aluminum shock bodies and caps, stout 3.5mm shafts, true dual-stage spring rate, injection molded, super durable spring perches and shock ends, bladder sealed shock cap and dual O-ring seats and upper and lower shock shaft guides. A welcome feature with the PowerStroke shocks is that Pro-Line sells them assembled so all you have to do is add oil. If you need more tunability for your short course truck, there are PowerStroke Spring Assortment packs for the front (6063-03) and rear (6063-04) shocks. The packs include six primary springs and six secondary springs which are color coded to easily identify spring rate. It makes it possible to further adjust ride heights and dual-rate spring rates almost infinitely.
- Fits stock Slash, Pro-Line ProTrac Suspension Kit for Slash, Slash 4X4
- Fits SC10, AE DR10 and Ultima SC with 6063-05 Universal Adapters
- Pair with the 6063-01 PowerStroke Rear Shocks
- True dual-stage spring rate
- Tune your spring rates with the Pro-Line Front Spring Assortment (#6063-03)
- Aluminum body and shock cap
- Infinite spring pre-load adjustment
- Rebuild your shocks with the Pro-Line Rebuild Kit (#6063-02)
- Beefy 3.5mm shock shafts
- Injection molded, super durable spring retainer and shock ends
- Bladder sealed shock cap
- Free flow molded pistons
- Dual O-ring seats and upper and lower shock shaft guides
- Pre-assembled just add oil
No Prep Drag Racing Optional Hood Scoops and Blowers—#6368-00
Although the Pro-Line No Prep Drag Racing Optional Hood Scoops and Blowers are intended for the no-prep drag scene, we found them to work great on other styles of vehicles as well. They will definitely work on a short course truck so that you can customize its appearance even more. This variety pack comes molded in clear polycarbonate so that you can paint it to match your short course truck. You have the option of going with a two-piece scale intake and blower and there is the Pro Stock and Pro Mod style hood scoops and cowls to choose from. Plus Pro-Line incorporated scale Naca ducts that can be placed anywhere on the body to make it look more scale.
- Perfect for customizing the look of your SC body
- Two-piece scale intake and blower
- Pro Stock and Pro Mod style hood scoops and cowls
- Naca ducts for the ultimate in scale appearance
- Made from crystal clear polycarbonate
- Paint, mount and customize to perfectly match your car
- Made in the USA
Lid Skid Body Protectors—#6360-00
This next accessory is essential if you want to keep your body looking and lasting as long as possible. The Pro-Line Lid Skid Body Protectors are made from high-strength black nylon and can be attached to strategic locations on the outside of the body. So when your short course truck flips, rolls and skids upside from the inevitable crash, the body protectors will help take the brunt of the contact with the ground. This way the body can be spared from getting severely scratched and gouged. The Lid Skid Body Protectors offer a universal fit and includes two 4-inch long pieces, two 3-inch long pieces, two 2-inch long pieces and four 1-inch pieces…plenty to protect your SC body.
- Protect your freshly painted body
- Made from high strength black Nylon
- Universal fit – place in strategic locations to fit your application
- Multiple sizes Included: two 4″, two 3″, two 2″ & four 1″ Pieces
- Hardware and nuts Included
- Made in the USA
4″ Super-Bright LED Light Bar Kit—#6276-01
The last of the Pro-Line accessories we picked for short course trucks are the Pro-Line Super-Bright LED Light Bar Kits. Highlighted here are the 4” long light bars since they are a good size to fit on most short course roofs. If you want a different size, go to the Pro-Line website and check out all the different ones they have to offer. Each light bar comes pre-wired with a 12” long cable that you can either plug directly into your receiver for power or directly into a 3S LiPo. The lights are rated for 6V to 12V power and if you want the LEDs to be as bright as possible, plug them into a 3S LiPo instead of into the receiver. The 4″ Light Bar comes with 20 LED light bulbs and the 2” comes with 10 LEDs.
A sturdy black Nylon housing branded with a P-L logo securely holds the LEDs in place. Pro-Line gives you mounts and hardware so that you can custom install the light bars on your SC vehicle or numerous other types like rock crawlers, monster trucks or whatever vehicle you have. These light bars are great additions to off-road short course trucks and look amazing when the sun goes down while keeping the action going.
- Real, working LED Light Bar Kit
- 20 Super-Bright LED’s that can handle 2S or 3S LiPo Power
- Can plug directly into your receiver plug for easy install
- Includes mounts and hardware for custom install on your favorite scale vehicle
- Also fits today’s hottest rock crawlers, rock racers, 1:8 MT’s and 1:10 MT’s
- Made from black Nylon plastic for durability and scale appearance
- 4″ LED Light Bar can integrate into the Pro-Line Overland Scale Roof Rack (#6278-00)
Want to see everything Pro-Line has to offer? Click HERE!
SHOP PRO-LINE RACING
Use code RCDRIVER10 to save 10% your order at https://www.prolineracing.com/
*Notice: Some of our articles, videos and descriptions may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive a small commission. This helps support the website and social media channels and allows us to continue to produce content. Thank you for the support!