Schumacher is coming into 2023 with the accelerator pedal firmly pressed to the floor. This week they dropped the news about the Schumacher Eclipse 5 competition 1/12-scale Pro LMP chassis.
The Schumacher Eclipse cars are the current reigning 1/12-scale IFMAR World and EFRA Champions in both modified and stock classes. The new Eclipse 5 features an extensive list of refinements, making it even faster and better handling.
- Alloy chassis design with a much shorter overall length. This allows for reduced chassis scrubbing along with a significant weight reduction from beyond both front and rear axles. These benefits allow the car to enter a corner more effortlessly and when in the corner, rotation is achieved more freely.
- Upgraded left and right rear hex wheel clamps to prevent any wheel wobble issues. Now perfectly true running wheels with our unique single nut rear wheels/solid axle!
- Servo mounting has been improved, resulting in direct mounting for the Sanwa micro range of servos such as the PGS-HR and SRG-HR. Direct and easy alignment onto the center of the car. In doing this the chassis flexibility characteristics have been vastly improved, for performance and strength, by removing the large, off center transverse slots previously used. All other brands of servo still can be used with the ultra-lightweight floating servo mount, included.
- Lightweight and flexible 3D printed rubber bumper, offering perfect body shell protection. Compared to the previous foam bumper, it is also very durable and long lasting.
- Black aluminum steering turnbuckles now included. Stealth and lighter weight.
- Updated top decks design, further reducing the polar moment of inertia. They now secure at the front within the wheelbase.
- The front lower beam has been improved, mounting in line with the front axle, and further reducing this forward weight, allowing for the reduced chassis length. The new beam makes use of super easy, slide in, speed secret ride height spacers. 0.5mm U7920 and 0.75mm U7921.
- Independent and lightweight front bumper mount makes front end assembly far easier. The front bumper can now be removed with only 2 screws.
- Molded lighter weight front hub carrier design with much improved suspension action and damping characteristics. Un-sprung mass has also been reduced.
- Tweak free and easy LiPo mounting using new lighter weight O-ring fixing.
- Interchangeable front LiPo position stops with 4 equally spaced settings included.
- Optional 1.0° camber strap available. 1.5° camber is included in the kit for maximum steering and lap time in most conditions.
- Pod offset has been refined to achieve the perfect pod balance with a wider range of modern motors.
- Lightweight pod carbon parts for lower center of gravity and overall car weight.
- Underside Variable Chassis chamfers, offering improved ground clearance, smoother scrubbing and better clearance to curbs or other corner markers.
For more information, visit: SCHUMACHER