Hitting the shelves early June is the new Schumacher FT8 competition FWD touring car for 1/10-scale.
The FT8 has been developed by Schumacher’s world class engineering team to make a fast and great handling front wheel drive (FWD) touring car. With a low center of gravity, lightweight and fine attention to detail, the FT8 is a pleasure to build, maintain and to drive. The FT8 contains all the features and adjustments you need from a high end front wheel drive to take you to the top of the podium. The FT8 in prototype form has achieved some excellent results including: BRCA FWD National Win, 2nd’s and 3rd’s, Andy Murray, Aaron Rose and Jamie Hickin. EWS overall Championship win, Shane Chipolina. MiCC Championship 2nd & 3rd, Aaron Rose & Jamie Hickin.
- New – C/F Chassis designed with adjustability of flex characteristics in mind.
- New – Vertical servo mounting allows a heavily forward weight bias.
- New – Motor positioned directly behind servo for optimal weight distribution.
- New – Single bell crank steering for a smooth feeling. Compact design allows the battery to be positioned favorably.
- New – 3D printed bumper with weight options available.
- Precision hard anodized alloy gear diff, with large oil volume for consistency throughout a run. Ball raced differential outputs with high precision gears.
- Twin upper suspension link design for flexibility characteristics and tuning of castor.
- Front body height limit control included in the kit with a lightweight and simple solution.
- Carbon fiber wishbones with pivot ball mounting inboard and outboard.
- Super low profile shock absorbers and a mounting layout designed for super low center of gravity.
- Both Vertical and Horizontal rear body mounting options included in the kit.
- Transmission housings designed to lower center of gravity, maximize durability and optimize geometry and flexibility.
- Anti roll bar design lowers center of gravity.
- Ultra fine adjustment eccentrics for optimum belt tension and diff height adjustment.
- Lower bumper molding prevents the bumper touching down on track.
- Black alloy turnbuckles used throughout.
- 22 precision ball raced bearings.
- “O” ring retained alloy wheel hexes.
- Hollow, precision steel layshaft.
- Ultra durable ‘Long Life’ blades.
- Improved belt efficiency which can be run much looser without slipping.
- Arrowmax supplied 92T 64dp industry standard fitting spur gear.
- Symmetrical chassis cutout offers consistent chassis flex.
- LiPo adjustment for fine tuning weight distribution.
- Rear track rod for infinite adjustment to rear toe-in. This can be tuned for the use of Active Rear Suspension.
- Aerospace carbon fiber components throughout.
- Ultra low center of gravity.
- Double wishbone suspension for increased suspension rigidity, and reduced play.
- Durable and more efficient drive train with larger pulleys 22:40.
- Fully adjustable, suspension geometry, wheelbase, castor, camber, roll center, Ackermann, droop, anti-dive, anti-squat, front and rear toe in/out, ride height and much more.
- Option Parts available to fine tune to all track conditions.
- LiPo retention moldings. No tape required.
- Rebuildable, super durable steel double joint driveshafts.
- Low profile threaded insert. Eliminates the need for nuts.
For more information, visit: SCHUMACHER