Just announced is the Tamiya Lotus Europa Special with M-06 chassis. This kit recreates the classic Lotos sports car with a highly detailed polycarbonate body and is nicely paired with the proven rear-wheel-drive M-06 chassis.
The Lotus Europa debuted in 1966, showcasing what was then a revolutionary midship engine layout, with a lightweight FRP body. In 1972 perhaps the finest model – Lotus Europa Special – in the series was released with 1.6-liter inline-4 engine (big valve twin-cam engine) capable of 126hp which was the largest maximum output among the Lotus Europa series. The Tamiya RC kit faithfully captures this classic car down to rear wing as seen in the SPECIAL variant of the Europa.
The M-06 chassis features a rear-mounted motor, rear-drive setup and has a longitudinally-mounted battery pack, with RC equipment positioned on either side for optimum balance and a low center of gravity. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension uses metal-plated wheels, equipped with 60D radial tires at the front and 60D super grip tires at the rear. In addition, a 3-piece steering linkage offers nimble handling response.
- 1/10 scale RC model assembly kit. Length: 390mm, width: 176mm, height: 114mm.
- Polycarbonate body with separate parts for the side mirrors, light cases, and rear wing.
- The M-06 chassis features a rear-mounted motor, and a longitudinally-mounted battery pack with RC units positioned on either side for optimum balance and a low center of gravity.
- This model utilizes the 225mm wheelbase M-06M chassis.
- Dedicated stickers are included to recreate gold body pinstripes inspired by the Lotus car which flourished in Formula One.
- Includes marking stickers, and window masking stickers for use during the paint process.
- A variety of Tamiya Hop-Up Option parts are available to customize the chassis.
- Includes 540-type brushed motor.
- Requires: 2-channel radio, steering servo, ESC-electronic speed control, 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
For more information, visit: TAMIYA