Here is one of the releases that Tamiya announced for 2021. The Tamiya Ford Escort Mk.II Rally, which comes with a stunning pre-painted replica Escort body and mated to the capable MF-01X chassis. Looks like next year has the makings of being pretty awesome for RC.
Full size rally cars are quite the spectacle as they race at high speeds over both asphalt and dirt. Thus making them the perfect subject for the RC world. Tamiya has produced numerous rally RC rally cars over the years and they have recently announced an addition to its RC rally stable of vehicles: the Ford Escort Mk.II Rally. It is modeled after a car which was the RAC Rally champion from 1975-1979. Fittingly, it is based upon the MF-01X chassis, which has dedicated rally parts and is at home on a range of surfaces.
- This is a 1/10 scale RC model assembly kit. Length: 414mm, wheelbase: 239mm (L).
- The classic Escort Mk.II form is breathtakingly recreated in polycarbonate, and pre-painted in White. Separately molded plastic components are included to recreate bumper, side mirrors and fog lamps.
- Polycarbonate front and rear light cases are compatible with separately sold 5mm LEDs.
- Stickers are included to recreate blue livery sections, sponsor logos and more.
- The MF-01X is at home on-road or on flat dirt, thanks to 4-wheel double wishbone suspension.
- Power from the rear mounted motor is transmitted by gear differential to the rear wheels, and via a propeller shaft to the front. The chassis can be converted to S and M wheelbases with separately sold propeller shafts.
- A host of Hop-Up Option parts are available to tune the MF-01X chassis.
- Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC and Tamiya Torque-Tuned motor are included.
For more information, visit: TAMIYA