We are seeing more and more Tamiya kits with pre-painted bodies included. This is a great option for people that are not fans of the painting step yet it allows them to still build the vehicle to their specs. The latest kit to get this treatment is the Tamiya Limited Edition Plasma Edge II (#47454) which has the body pre-painted in Tamiya’s PS-46 Iridescent purple/green color. This off-road buggy kit is based on the easy to build TT-02B chassis.
CHASSIS OVERVIEW – TAMIYA TT-02B
The shaft-driven 4WD TT-02B buggy chassis uses a skid-shaped frame. Its suspension setup uses 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension with long arms, plus CVA shock units, giving the car assured handling, while left and right suspension arms and uprights are identical to facilitate hassle-free assembly. Front and rear gearboxes include 4-bevel differentials for smooth operation, and are sealed to ensure that dust can’t get inside. The top can be removed simply by loosening four screws, making maintenance a breeze. Four different gear ratios can be applied with the use of three separately-sold types of pinion gears, allowing you to match the characteristics of your car setup to the conditions at any given time. Of course, this off-road chassis also includes receiver case and motor cover to protect them from dirt and debris thrown up off of the track.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 370mm, width: 250mm, height: 160mm.
- Polycarbonate body and wing are pre-painted in PS-46 Iridescent purple/green, and pre-cut.
- Stickers have a dedicated color scheme dedicated for this model.
- The TT-02B chassis is the buggy evolution of Tamiya’s popular 4WD entry level unit, the TT-02 chassis.
- Bathtub-type frame has longitudinal battery and R/C mechanism placed flat for low center of gravity.
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension features long arms and CVA shock units, and is combined with high grip square spike tires that provide excellent traction.
- Front and rear gearboxes have gear differentials to ensure smooth cornering.
- A wide range of Hop-Up Option parts are available to tune the TT-02B chassis.
- Includes 540-type motor.
- Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit).
- Requires: 2-Channel Radio, servo, 7.2-7.4volt battery pack & compatible charger.
For more information, visit: TAMIYA