So many new off-road vehicles are being released like this sweet Element RC Enduro Gatekeeper Rock Crawler/Trail truck builder’s kit. This is a kit variant based on the Enduro platform. Read on to get more details.
What makes the Enduro Gatekeeper kit special? The all-new Gatekeeper Suspension package (GKSTM). This package consists of rear trailing arms that move the shocks forward, allowing a larger window for shock tuning and providing improved weight bias. The trailing arms are paired with a rear anti-roll bar for a more stable and consistent suspension when crawling on the rocks. An adjustable aluminum track bar mount firmly bolted to the chassis rail gives the Enduro GK more reliable and responsive steering without the flex. The Element RC shock mount inserts with multiple mounting positions allow for precise suspension tuning whether it’s moving the shocks up, down, forward, or back.
The performance doesn’t stop there. The Enduro GK is built on Element RC’s proven stamped steel C-channel Enduro chassis and retains the same awesome features with the addition of hard plastic components and machined steel pivot balls.
The behind-the-axle (BTA) steering link greatly improves approach angle and front-end clearance, making rough terrain much easier to handle. The Stealth(R) X features the ability to adjust the rear drive ratio independently from the front drive across three levels: stock overdrives the front end 5.7% (included with kit), option 1 provides a one-to-one drive ratio front-to-rear (available separately), and option 2 overdrives the front end 11.83% (included with kit).
Feeding the power to the tires are 3-piece telescopic driveshafts with an extruded aluminum center section, universal front drive axles, and hardened steel ring and pinion gears. With the Enduro GK drivetrain, delivering useful and reliable power will not be an issue.
The Enduro GK kit isn’t just all about performance, it’s got looks, too. The new Gatekeeper molded cage and polycarbonate panels are the perfect fit for a high-performance rock crawler or trail truck. The included interior with molded driver and passenger heads, along with detailed decal sheet, give the Gatekeeper body awesome scale looks. The removable hinged body mount makes accessing the electronics and working on the chassis a breeze, whether out on the trail or in the garage.
- Hard plastic components help improve chassis rigidity and overall durability. As an added bonus, the harder plastic slides over rough surfaces much easier, resulting in fewer chances of getting stuck.
- To increase performance Element RC has included several Factory Team parts. Like their bronze shocks (4), steel wheel hexes (4), machined metal pivot balls, (30), and lower high-clearance front links (2).
- The GKSTM package includes an aluminum track bar mount bolted directly to the steel frame rail, making the front suspension more rigid and flex-free with a more precise steering feel.
- GKSTM shock mount inserts provide drivers with the ability to tune shock angle, droop, and vehicle ride height without affecting spring preload.
- The rear anti-roll bar helps keep the rear suspension stable while driving over rough terrain and improves climbing performance on steep inclines or side hills.
- Included is the Gatekeeper injection-molded cage with hinged body mounts and polycarbonate panels. Also included is a large detailed accessory decal sheet to dress up your rig.
- At the heart of the Gatekeeper Suspension (GKSTM) are the rear trailing arms. This design moves the shocks forward, thus improving weight bias. Because the shock mounting points are farther forward on the lower links and chassis, it allows for a larger window for shock tuning and an optimized anti-roll bar mounting position.