Tamiya fans have been asking for a brand new car platform and their request has just been answered. Introducing the Tamiya Super Avante on the all-new 1/10-scale TD4 4WD off-road buggy chassis. Along with the newly designed TD4 chassis is a stylish body produced by Kota Nezu, who has contributed to a number of popular Tamiya products.
Only some information has been released regarding the Super Avante and TD4 chassis. Tamiya mentioned that more will be released soon. Following is what we have so far:
- This is a 1/10 R/C assembly kit.
- The eye-catching polycarbonate body (inspired by Tamiya classic, Avante) is designed by Japanese designer Kota Nezu of znug design.
- Newly designed shaft-driven 4WD chassis based on the one-piece monocoque frame features the same ball differentials for front and rear, and features a longitudinal battery pack position in the center and a midship transverse motor for optimum balance and improved performance.
- The TD4 chassis also employs a front inboard suspension layout which eliminates the need for a front damper stay and offers slim, low-profile form.
- The four wheel double wishbone suspension system uses CVA oil dampers for superlative performance.
- Features full ball bearings.
- Two link rods and crank arm transmit movement of the left-side servo to the three-piece steering arm setup.
- Turnbuckle shafts for use with upper arms facilitate camber angle adjustment.
- Star dish wheels are paired with square spike tires which offer superlative grip off-road.
- Choose between high and low type wing stays to adjust the downforce depending on the road surface.
- Comes with a driver figure for extra realism, and high-torque servo saver.
Model number: 58696
Length: 13.31 in. (338mm)
Width: 9.69 in. (246mm)
Height: 4.88 in. (124mm)
Wheelbase: 11.14 in. (283mm)
For more information, visit: TAMIYA