If you are looking for a speed control, be sure to check out the newly released Castle Creations Copperhead 10 Performance 1/10-scale ESC. It is ideal for those who want sensored motor support, data logging, a 6A peak selectable internal BEC (5.5V or 7.5V) and Castle’s signature reliability and performance in the meanest looking ESC around.
Consider this system if you want to transform your 1/10-scale stock vehicle from dull to dangerously fun. The Copperhead can do it with its buttery smooth starts, CRYO-DRIVE enabled performance and up to 4S power in a compact, easy-to-install footprint.
- Input Voltage Range: 2s-4s LiPo (ESC Only).
- Smartsense, sensored only and brushed running modes.
- Selectable 5.5V or 7.5V (6A peak) internal BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit).
- Cryo-drive Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs.
- ESC is housed in a durable injection molded case and potted in WATERPROOF epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer.
- 30mm removable fan and dual use fan guard.
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters.
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff.
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake.
- Data Logging Lite captures and records performance data from your vehicle to maximize performance and battery life. (Battery Voltage Battery Ripple, Controller temp, Motor RPM, Motor Temp).
- Smartsense uses the motor’s sensors at startup to provide cog-free starts, excellent torque and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, the ESC seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ultra-efficient sensorless mode.
- Castle link USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase).
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-link bluetooth adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link App available on Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Proudly designed, assembled and supported in Kansas, USA.
- Backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty.
Application Guidelines: 1:10 scale vehicles weighing up to 7.5 lbs.
Input Voltage Range: 2s-4s (16.8V Max)
Running Modes: Smartsense, Sensored Only and Brushed Motor Operation
Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof
Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable and includes dual use fan guard
Size: 2.19″ x 1.39″ x 1.33″
Weight (with wires): 70.9 g / 2.50 oz.
Motor Connectors: 4.0mm female bullets for motor connection
Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas Power Connectors, or Deans Ultra Plugs are recommended.
Operating environment: Waterproof design for all weather conditions. Although Copperhead 10 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR Transmitters.
For more information, visit: CASTLE CREATIONS